Matt Randal and Edgar Rodriguez, sophomore students from San Antonio and Northwest Vista College respectively, successfully completed their NIH-supported Bridges to Biomedicine project. They presented their research, in which yeast-2-hybrids were utilized to look at the molecular interaction of MORC1 from potatoes and tomatoes with 14 proteins that have been identified as Arabidopsis MORC1 interacting proteins. Ji-Chul Nam, our first-year Ph.D. student in the lab, mentored these students. Congrats Matt, Edgar and Ji-Chul for the great progress and results. Note that our new grad student, April Bonnard, also helped with the research. We all thank Sara, Anne and Dr. Ron Walter for arranging this excellent outreach program on campus.
- 2018 Annual meeting of Southern Section in American Society of Plant Biologists
- Isabella claimed first-place in Texas State Science Fair and advanced to Intel International Science and Engineering Fair to be held in Pittsburgh
- San Marcos School District Science Showcase
- Yogendra became a married man.
- Yogendra became Dr. Bordiya